I am Akhila L, born and brought up in Kerala. I have completed BAMS from RGUHS, Bangalore. I am currently pursuing MPH from MAHE, Manipal. I developed interest in public health during my UG and decided to pursue the same. My ultimate aim is to enter into teaching profession after obtaining Phd and enough field exposure. In my free time, I love listening to music and dancing.
Highest Education: BAMS - Rajiv Gandhi University Of Health Sciences, Bangalore
Date of Joining: June 1, 2020
Date Of Completion: June 30, 2020
This is the first time when I have encountered with the question of where I see myself in the next one year and in the next three years. I have never thought of how to answer this question when asked. I am very anxious and nervous when I think about my future. But it is quite exciting too.
Within one year, I want to gain as much as knowledge regarding public health before completing my master degree. After one year, I want to see myself working in an organization where I can strengthen my foundation in public health. I want to be a person who is enthusiastic to work in any challenging environment.
In the next three years, I want to be in a position where I can make an impact to the community. I also want to be strong, efficient and confident enough to take any risks. I am very passionate about teaching since my childhood and my long-term goal is to become a teacher where I can pass my knowledge that I have gained to my younger generation. But I have realized that it is necessary to have enough field exposure before entering into full time teaching profession.
After I graduated BAMS, I decided to pursue MPH, but my family was not happy with my decision. So, I want to prove that the decision that I have made was absolutely correct. At the end of the day, my ultimate aim is to become a good person, who maintains a balance between family and work. I have not worked till date, thereby did not provide any financial support to my family. I want to be a person who is independent and can support her family in all means, and also a person who will help others in need in any possible way.
1. I have gained confidence in making videos.
2. Improved my verbal communication skill.
1. Improved my writing skill.
2. I had read many other blog posts to understand the way of writing.
1. Learned how to prepare effective PowerPoint.
2. Learned about time management and also how to incorporate relevant information in less slides.
1. Graph interpretation (per million, per day rate of change, 7-day average change).
2. Impact of policy and advisory tracker in covid19 spread using graph.
3. To compare daily rate of change in total cases, new cases, fatality between different states/countries (by comparing rates).
4. Learned how a policy actions and data can be compiled together in one platform.
5. Data analysis and management.
I have learned how policy tracker can be used to analyze change in COVID19 trend.
INSPIRE Virtual Experiential Learning Program - EVALUATION MATRIX
The INSPIRE program was a good learning experience for me. The entire FHTS team was so friendly and supportive. I have gained lot of confidence. The tasks assigned helped me to develop my skills. I got an exposure to learn more about public health. This program helped me to see public health from different angles and perspectives.
I am grateful to Dr. Ashish Joshi and entire FHTS team for giving me this opportunity.